Monday, March 17

Sunshine and Snowboardin'

Jim and I went snowboarding together (finally!) on Saturday and had a blast. It was 40 degrees and totally sunny. We ended up taking off our hats, coats, and even gloves because we were so hot. Jim has the funniest sunburn on his face. He wore goggles cause it was so bright and totally looks like he still has them on. We are both still getting the hang of boarding but made a major improvement. I caught my back edge and biffed it hard twice. I mean head slamming the ground, hat and glasses flying off, me just laying there to get my bearings. I have been so sore the last couple of days, especially my neck. I think I got a good case of whiplash but it was still dang fun. Of course I forgot my camera, but I'll have to post a picture of our new boards when I take one-they are way sweet! By the way, new boards are especially slippery and fast! Be warned!

We had a fun weekend because the girls were at a sleepover at Grandma's (thanks Mom!). Jim and I went to a movie (10,000 B.C.-it was good) Friday night and spent Saturday together in Driggs (looking at a house we're interested in) and then boardin'. It's so good to spend time together without the kids every once in a while.

9 comments:

Amy said...

You guys are brave to do the snowboard thing! I am still terrible at skiing unlike Spencer who is a Pro. I completely agree that it is important to have that one on one time without the kids!

Amberlee said...

Christine- I went through and read some of your past posts. You are hilarious. I think that you should write a book- seriously. I would buy it! You are way brave to go snowboarding. I think I'll just stick with dry, safe, solid ground! Did you see that my boys tagged Ashtyn and Jordyn? -- Am

Britney said...

What's up? I am REALLY sad that you forgot your camera! Those pictures would have hilarious. I can imagine them now . . . I'm glad you guys had fun. Tell Jim "Happy Birthday" from us!!

Christine said...

I love your blog. I feel like I never get to see you anymore. Life is just busy....and especially since I only drive to ballet once every third week now! That's nice, but I don't get to socialize as much. I love checking in on your blog, you're girls are so darling!!

Missy said...

That sounds fun. We keep trying to plan a getaway and then something always comes up! Darn it.

Thanks for commenting on my blog, too. Have a great day!

SueAnn said...

Your weekend sounds like so much fun!!! Is the house in Driggs a house plan you are interested in our are you guys thinking of buying it?

Pickett Fences said...

Christine,

I saw Jim on Sunday and his lovlely goggle burn. I am glad you guys were able to get out and have fun. I have only been skiing once in my life when I was a behive. I love your blog by the way! Keri

Ras Family said...

I am so chicken to try boarding for those same reasons that you posted. That is good that you got some couple time!!!! Grandparents are great sports to help with the kids.

Nichelle said...

Christine-
I love your blog, you are so funny!
Are you guys wanting to move to Driggs? We need to have a get together sometime soon because it seems like that is the only time I ever get to talk to everyone.