Tuesday, September 4

Not so divine of a Sunday

Now that we've established my husband being gone this weekend, what did I do you ask? Absolutely nothing! I did brave church by myself with the three little ones. I tried to get a cute picture of them in their matching dresses, but Avery was not having it. As was the rest of the day. Did I mention it was the first Sunday switching to 9:00 a.m. with Sacrament last? Getting up and getting the girls ready on time was a feat in itself. I had to wake the two little ones up at 8:30, shove some breakfast in, slap a dress on, and run a comb through their hair. After dropping Jordyn off (screaming) in nursery, I made my way to primary (with Avery) to sit with my class who thought they didn't have a teacher. Oh, and by the way, the teacher of the other CTR class just went in to labor this morning (6 weeks early), "can you take her class, too?" Sure, why not? So I had 14 kids in class, with Avery who was an absolute terror(she apparently doesn't like to hold still or be quiet in church), and tried to get through a lesson on the sacrament, which turned into a lesson on "Didn't Jesus know wine was bad?". AAAHHH!!!! Primary is definitely a divine calling NOT FOR ME. I then had to make it through sacrament with three tired kids who had already had enough of the chapel (yes, primary is in the chapel because our ward is made up of kids) and had already eaten the snacks-I understand it was fast sunday but throw me a frickin' bone. Everything's ok 'cause I can go home and take a nap, right? Yeah right! Jordy came in about six times, every five minutes:

  • "Mommy, I'm poopy."
  • "Mommy, I need a snack."
  • "Mommy, can you open my fruit snacks."
  • "Mommy, my little feets hurt."
  • "Mommy, I fell off the couch."
  • "Mommy, Avery is awake."
Awesome! Jim comes home later than he originally thinks, and when he calls to tell me, I can hear my brother in the background, "You better be naked and ready to ----." Whatever spiritual uplift, though it be small, I managed to get on this wonderful Sunday was just completely diminished. Hope you all had a great one!



1 comment:

gina said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood. Your girls are darling... They take after their momma!