Saturday, January 2

Aaahhh....

This little baby boy of mine is being stubborn! I am so ready for him to come out. After trying to come early at 34 weeks (hospital stay and two weeks of meds to keep him in), I thought for sure he would have been here by now. I've been having "teaser" contractions for the last 4 weeks and am getting impatient. I think it's worse waiting when you get your hopes up that he might come early. We already missed the tax deduction for 2009 and the met deductible for 2009, so I don't know what he's waiting for! Anyone know of any tricks to get him here that I haven't already tried?

My doctor has been out of town since Christmas Eve so I haven't had a chance to be induced, but I'm planning on it for Tuesday when he's back in town. I've never had to be induced and have had all my babies with no "drugs" so I'm a little scared of whether I can handle Pitocin. I've heard it's bad! Anyway, just a little venting to get out my frustration. I'm so excited to have this little guy and want to see what he looks like (and I don't want him to get any bigger than he already is!) that I can hardly stand it.

Send any ideas my way if you have the "secret"-I'm sure I've already tried it, but I'm willing to try again!

7 comments:

SueAnn said...

Nichelle told me about drinking Raspberry Zinger tea and it has worked for some people. I ended up being induced and was really worried that it would be hard, but it was a breeze compared to some of the stories I have heard. I was induced at 8 am and had Lexy at 2:45. Good Luck! I hope everything goes well!!!

Amy said...

I don't know of any secrets, but I can agree that waiting for baby to come when you are sure he'll be early is very hard. You are going to be fine with pitocin. I was induced with Brenna and went all natural, it was definitely intense but it was fine. You can do it! You can ask if they will turn the pitocin off after your water breaks so you aren't pumped too full of it! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures of baby boy Hassman!

Ty and Shay said...

I cannot believe you go natural! Wow I am so impressed with you. After my bad labor with pit I think its best to let your body go on its own. Labor is so much better when your body is ready. I think it is worth waiting a couple of weeks for an easier labor. Just listen to your instincts to know whats best for you and your baby. Good Luck we will keep you in our prayers.

Calli said...

He is a stubborn boy! He is definately related to Max & Luke then! I was induced with Luke. I was really nervous too. But it was such an awesome delivery for me. I was given the Pitocin at like 11:15 and he was here by 3:15! I didn't have to have one stitch with him either! Hopefully he will come tonight and you don't have to worry about it. Love you.

Christina said...

Good luck, Christine. Little boys are WONDERFUL!!! I'm excited for you! Please post pictures as soon as possible!

Amberlee said...

Well... since I have c-sections I don't have any grand advice for you- sorry! I am WAY excited for you though. Good luck with the delivery and can't wait to see pictures!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you went natural! That's awesome! I am excited to hear of another person that does, because most people think I am crazy. I had my first with pit and an epidural, and my second with NOTHING and it was fabulous! I will never do the first version again. I am curious to hear how everything went with Kian, and if you needed Pitocin or not. I love hearing birth stories!! Congrats on a beautiful boy!!!